Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Recipe

Wahoo! I'm almost done with the 30 Day Challenge, peoples!
I'm on Day 25 and it calls for a recipe.

Eggs
Vinegar
Iceberg lettuce
Leeches

That's a recipe for EVIL!! mwuhahahahahahaha!!
BUT, if you want an actual honest-to-goodness recipe that probably tastes better than EVIL, then here you are:

Chocolate Cheesecake:

1½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
6 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon plus ¾ teaspoon cocoa
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup whipping cream, whipped
Additional whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate curls (optional)
Almonds (optional)
Maraschino cherries (optional)

Combine first 3 ingredients, mixing well. Press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan; chill.

Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, melted chocolate, cocoa, and vanilla; mix well. Gently fold in whipped cream; spoon into prepared pan.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, Turn oven off; allow cheesecake to cool in oven 30 minutes. Open door, allow cheesecake to cool in oven an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate 8 hours. Remove sides of spring form pan and garnish with additional whipped cream, chocolate curls, almonds, and cherries, if desired.

Yield: 10 to 12 servings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is all from the 'Great Cakes' book we have or whatever it's called, but it is awesome! And yes, I had to write this recipe all by myself on the computer to print it so Rachel could give the recipe to some people at her choir cause they wanted it.
It was painful.
'Cept that I like to type on the computer, so I almost didn't mind it.

(drumroll) so there you are, with an awesome cake.
I would have (maybe) gotten a different one, but since this one was already on the computer and I wouldn't have to sit here an extra fifteen minutes I chose this one.
And it's really good.
Top it with coffee beans, why don't you? I think it's awesome.
So I'll be posting later on!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

¡Me encantan los comentarios!
(I love comments!)