Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Awesomeness in Medieval

Tonight was the third night of VBS. Rachel's a teacher, I'm a helper, Sam and Emmy attend...fun stuff.

The theme this year is medieval. Some people in our church dress up, so I decided that tonight, I would too.
When The Hobbit came out, I got this awesome person named Hannah to make me a Legolas outfit to wear to the theater; I'm wearing the tunic as we speak, in fact. It's pretty awesome.
     So Rachel got a dress from someone, and I brought out my tunic, and we went to VBS in our costumes.

After church, I said, "Hey! We need to get some ice cream to watch with our movie!"
We're watching some Errol Flynn movies; enjoying laughing at the dramatics and bright colors the 'pirates' are wearing, and saying how we like Pirates of the Caribbean's costumes better. We love Errol Flynn movies.
So we went to Winn Dixie. In our costumes.

I was enjoying every minute. When we first walked in, several people just stared at us funny, and I couldn't quite keep the straight face, but eventually I managed. Literally, every person who saw Rachel and I just stared. People I saw in reflections walked past, staring until they were in our line of vision. Attendants talking tried not to stare, but couldn't help themselves. I could feel them watching us as we walked out the door.

Needless to say, I'm doing this again.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I'd love to do it with you in my elven dress. Will you share a picture of you in Legolas costume on your blog??? 0_0

    ReplyDelete

¡Me encantan los comentarios!
(I love comments!)