Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Heartless review!

 
 
Title: Heartless
Author: Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Series: Tales of Goldstone Wood
Pages: 368
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers
Genre: Fantasy
My rating: Five stars.


"Beyond the final water falling,
The Song of Spheres recalling,
When the sun descends behind the twilit sky,
Won't you follow me?"


Clara sung this lovely verse (albeit more than this) so gorgeously. I kid you not, I have listened to her video countless times. I just love it. You might like it. Anne Elisabeth did! Listen here!
     

Summary/Description:

Princess Una of Parumvir has come of age and will soon be married. She dreams of a handsome and charming prince, but when the first suitor arrives, she finds him stodgy and boring. Prince Aethelbald from the mysterious land of Farthestshore has traveled far to prove his love--and also to bring hushed warnings of danger. A dragon is rumored to be approaching Parumvir.

Una, smitten instead with a more dashing prince, refuses Aethelbald's offer--and ignores his warnings. Soon the Dragon King himself is in Parumvir, and Una, in giving her heart away unwisely, finds herself in grave danger. Only those courageous enough to risk everything have a hope of fighting off this advancing evil.

My thoughts:

 Miss Anne Elisabeth is one of my favorite authors; you know I have many favorite books, but I have only around five favorite authors, and Anne Elisabeth is one of them.

About the BOOK now before I start wandering off....
     Una and Aethelbald are my favorites, of course! Una's a girl who likes to do things on her own, leading to some messes...Aethelbald is...well, hard to describe. He's a calm, loving person who everyone likes (or at least I hope everyone likes him!).
     Anne Elisabeth is a Christian author, and the book is written with hints toward the Bible. I hadn't really realized this *blushes and dies of embarrassment* (thanks to Hannah W. for supplying me with that appropriate sentence a while ago...) until my sister Rachel pointed it out, and then I read it again and I saw it all over the place. It made me smile when I recognized something out of a few favorite bits of the Bible.
      Which means, also, that of course everything in there is good. :)
The Dragon, the Death-In-Life....one of the best. villains. ever.  Of course, there's some more villains in the other books, and aren't they just so good.


Una looks just like this:
 
This is Clara! One of my dearest friends, I'm very happy to say. Anne Elisabeth (and lots of others like me agree) said that Clara looks just like the Princess Una of Parumvir.

     I'd have to say, although I've never personally met her, Anne Elisabeth is one of the sweetest people I know. Clara met her a bit ago and confirmed it. But I know she's sweet, and I know because it's partly the fault of her fantabulous blog which just has the greatest fun!

     Anne Elisabeth is going to hold a fan-fiction contest (I have mentioned this) and Hannah just gave me the most brilliant idea for it. Hee hee it's awesome. I can't wait to see what Hannah and Clara and Beka and Meredith and just everyone come up with! (yup we have lots of fun. I have mentioned this.)

     Heartless is all around just really good. My favorite out of the series (so far) is Starflower; I adore Imraldera and Eanrin. so much. a lot a much. a ton a much.

Review and pictures coming later...

-Me

P.S. oh yeah speaking of pictures the post below is full of those suckers---Dragon's teeth, please excuse my language! ;)


1 comment:

¡Me encantan los comentarios!
(I love comments!)