Today is Bilbo Baggins' birthday and Hamlette at The Edge of the Precipice is having a blog party and giveaway over on her blog to celebrate. To enter the giveaway answer the questions and then go to her blog signup for the giveaway.
My answers below!
1. Have you read The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? If so, how many times?
I've read each only once.
2. Have you seen any movies based on them?
Oh goodness, I've seen the movies so many times I can't count! I've only seen the Hobbit once, though, but I loved it.
3. Who first introduced you to Middle Earth?
My family was always a fan of LOTR. I grew up knowing about it, but I wasn't allowed to watch it until I turned 11. One of the best birthdays ever.
4. Who are your three favorite characters? (Feel free to elaborate on whys.)
2. Merry&Pippin (they count as one. Yes they do.)
I like Legolas too, although he gets on my nerves sometimes ha! ;)
5. What's your favorite Middle Earth location?
6. If you could belong to one of the races of Free Folk (Men, Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Ents), which would you choose?
Elves--they are the coolest.
7. Would you rather eat lembas or taters?
8. If you lived in Middle Earth, what weapon would you prefer wielding?
Bow and arrow.
9. What draws you to Tolkien's stories? (The characters, the quests, the themes, the worlds, etc.)
The worlds and characters, although all of it is pretty cool.
10. List up to five of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
"Po-tate-oes, boil them mash them stick 'em in a stew!"
"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."
"Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon."
"I am no man."
There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above the dark tower high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while.