Monday, January 20, 2014

and she lives...

Hiya. How are you? Any resolutions that haven't been broken yet?

Well, so far...I learned that my favorite doctor from Doctor Who is going to the New Orleans Comic Con. THE ONE I'M GOING TO NEXT MONTH.
The ticket to take a picture with him is really ridiculous, like a hundred dollars, but I'm going to be the happiest person on earth to just see him and take a picture of him instead of with him (although I'm secretly hoping to accidentally find him somewhere walking around)
Yesterday I auditioned for a play! Results are supposedly coming out tomorrow...I'll update you on that.
The audition is where I met some Whovians. My sister and I basically had a heart attack when this one guy comes in with a Trust Me I'm A Doctor t-shirt. Then this girl goes up and she's wearing a Dalek t-shirt (an arch-enemy from Doctor Who. Well, monster/droid-like/bad-guy enemy. I just though that arch-enemy sounded cooler.)
     So I met them proudly in my Doctor Who t-shirt. Yesterday and today. I went back to watch the other auditions and to talk to the ladies who are doing the play.

Um. I'm re-reading Mockingjay. I watched Catching Fire two weeks ago and OH MY GOODNESS it's like the book almost exactly. I was so excited because Catching Fire's one of my very favorite books. Best moments in the movie: when something happened, I quoted a line from the book and they said it in the movie. Boom.

Have any of y'all seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)? In the previous post I told you I'd seen it. Well, I really loved it. It's instilled the wanderlust in me more than ever. I just want to travel out of the country.
      But. I'm going to Europe later this year. So I'll be okay.

What are you currently reading?

1 comment:

  1. You get to see your favorite Doctor???? Even I, who hasn't watched an episode of Doctor Who (yes, I'm awful) knows how exciting this is!!! Congratulations!

    You're auditioning? What is the play about? Doctor Who?

    Wow, you're going to Europe? How wonderful! Any idea which area yet?

    My brother, who doesn't read very much, read half of The King of Attolia yesterday while I was happily reading over his shoulder. I can't wait for him to finish it. Seriously, Molly, you need to read The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. You're a genius and these books are genius. You're meant for each other. If The Thief is too hard to start out on, read The Queen of Attolia or The King of Attolia. They are ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete

¡Me encantan los comentarios!
(I love comments!)